Thursday, May 03, 2007

My sheep hear my voice

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.(John 10:27)
Breaking away from his mother, the two-year-old stepped off the sidewalk into the street. There were frantic yells, the screeching of brakes and then a child's loud wail. "It's all right; you are not hurt," said the mother as she scooped up her son and held him close. And the child, reassured by his mother's voice, quietly snuggled against her.
In times of crisis, a voice we trust can calm us down, providing comfort and safety. It is not the words that matter; rather, it is the quality of presence reflected in that voice which is so crucial. Through that special voice, we experience love, acceptance and understanding. This voice connects us to our own inner strength, giving us the resources to cope. We may be drowning in chaos but that voice comes as a lifeline, reminding us that we are not alone. And so it is with Jesus' voice; He speaks into the whirlwind and we find peace, not necessarily because our situation has changed, but because we know He is with us, in every circumstance. (Elizabeth-Anne Stewart) Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, teach me the sound of your voice, that I may respond to your call. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home